Friday, May 3, 2013

Royal Princess Scroll Invitations

I put so much time into these elegant handmade scrolls for my daughter's 1st Birthday. There theme was Royal Princess and the colors were pink and gold. I wanted to do something odd from the start and thought that making scrolls would be be great idea and a good fit for the overall theme. I designed everything from scratch using my graphic design skills. I only made 12 of these because they were expensive to put together. I printed them two to a page on 11x17 inch paper on both sides. The scrolls where wooden when I bought them and I had to paint them gold to have that gold finish. I attached both ends with clear tape and rolled them together and finished with a gold lace ribbon. (It took two people to make sure each end was rolled up tight - its hard to do by yourself) I was very impressed with the final look and so were my invited guest.



1 comment: